Sunday, September 28, 2008

Week 5 - Dawgs Pounded!

Tide Fans -

Blackout reported in Georgia...No need to worry, Alabama Power has arrived on the scene!

Alabama Power is right - we absolutely crushed the Georgia Pups. Another incredible display of a power running game, and a stifling defense - it was textbook Alabama! I loved watching the fan reactions, all dressed up in their stupid black outfits, getting it handed to them on their home field. They truly were dressed for their own funeral. It is great to be a Tide fan...great indeed!

All day long I have been basking in the glow of this Tide victory. I even watched the entire game again - it was just as good the second time. We crushed them - it is as simple as that! They really got nothing on us except a few cheap TD's at the end. "No Show" Mareno was completely shut down - he had a whopping 36 yards. I'm pretty sure Glenn Coffee had that by his 3rd carry. Stafford was irrelevant as well. Oh and hey Georgia...our #8 is waaaaay better than your #8.

We had so many great players in this game, but I have to give the game ball to John Parker Wilson! What an incredible job of directing the offense and protecting the ball. 13 of 16 for passing, I think this was JP's best game. The touchdown pass to Julio was absolutely perfect! JP has matured big time in one season, and he is truly leading this team and making much better decisions. I have given him grief in the past, but I am convinced now that he is the man for the job - great game! Going back and watching the game I saw several key decisions he made that were very smart. I think our new offensive coordinator has had a lot to do with this, and I think he is doing and awesome job.

What a statement we sent to the Nation - going into a very hostile environment with a "blackout" theme (which I thought was soo gay), and just smacking them in the mouth. Crushing the # 3 team in the country on their turf. Roll Tide Roll! All the way up to a #2 ranking. While I enjoy the high ranking it also makes me nervous - we are now no longer the hunter, we are the hunted. Don't get me wrong, I have swagger, and a lot of it now because we should, but we have 2 potential "trap" games coming up with Kentucky and Ole Miss. Kentucky has not really played anyone yet so I am not as concerned about them as I am Ole Miss. We just need to listen to Saban and stayed Focused - one game at at time. By the way...Nick Saban is worth every penny!!!

Players I love from this week:

- John Parker Wilson (incredible game, getting to be a very smart QB)
- Glenn Coffee (could possibly be my "Man Crush" in a few more games)
- Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulio Jones!!!
- Justin Woodall (starting to become a very impressive safety)

Things we need to change so I can sleep better:

- I got nothing

Tip of the Week:

- If you are going to the game this weekend - you better leave yourself plenty of time to get there - I have a feeling it will be packed!!

I am still just ridiculously pumped about this victory, and loving The Tide sooo much right now. It is clear we have come a long way under coach Saban, and great things are ahead. I don't think anyone thought we would be where we are right now - this is truly a special team. We have a long season, and some tough games ahead, but if we continue to play like we did against Georgia, then great things are going to happen! Roll Tide everyone - enjoy this win!

Jason

1 comment:

Michael from dadcation.com said...

i could hearing the weeping and gnashing of teeth from atlanta!